LearningLearning has been at the heart of my work for the last 30 years and continues to be the main focus of my consultancy. I am interested in how people learn and how best to improve the quality of their learning.
TechnologyOne of my areas of expertise is around the implementation of digital technologies in educational contexts. Focusing on how they can be scaled sustainably to maximise their positive impact on learning.
InnovationMy passion continues to be around developing and applying creative solutions that add value to my clients' businesses rather than pushing change for its own sake.
ConsultancyI am a self-employed independent consultant working on my own or with associates to provide advice, practical support and research to clients across the public, private and third sectors.
This website promotes my learning, technology and innovation consultancy.
I have been self-employed since 2009 working to improve learning with great clients across the public, private and third sectors.
Since 2016 I have had a part-time role as Development Director (Future Learning) within the School of Design and Informatics at Abertay University.
Previously I was national Director of Learning and Technology and Head of Future Learning at Learning and Teaching Scotland (LTS).
My background is in secondary school teaching and local government educational advisory services.
- Scotland's higher education research and development spend is at its highest level since records began - 1.09bn https://t.co/wNNqlZZ9As
- From San Francisco Bay to the Tay: 'Dead-in-Iraq' activist reveals why he is so at home in Du https://t.co/knAx1ecEt7 via @thecourieruk
- Stunning radio interview with Scotland's most prominent historian. Worth finding 14 minutes to listen to this gem. https://t.co/UApoLqEEG4
- Creativity across Learning #9 – What kind of inspection, quality assurance and accountability regimes support creativity in learning?
- Creativity across Learning #8 – What kind of assessment and qualifications would best support creativity in learning?
- Creativity across Learning #7 – How can we promote creativity in professional learning?
- Creativity across Learning #6 – How can leaders promote and support creativity?
- Creativity across Learning #5 – How do we develop creative learners?
- Creativity across Learning #4 – What does a creative learning environment look and feel like?
- Creativity across Learning #3 – What is creativity?
- Creativity across Learning #2 – Why is creativity important?
- Creativity across Learning #1 – Introduction
- Our Big Box – Online Reminiscence