LearningLearning has been at the heart of my work for the last 30 years and continues to be the main focus of my consultancy. I am interested in how people learn and how best to improve the quality of their learning.
TechnologyOne of my areas of expertise is around the implementation of digital technologies in educational contexts. Focusing on how they can be scaled sustainably to maximise their positive impact on learning.
InnovationMy passion continues to be around developing and applying creative solutions that add value to my clients' businesses rather than pushing change for its own sake.
ConsultancyI am a self-employed independent consultant working on my own or with associates to provide advice, practical support and research to clients across the public, private and third sectors.
This website promotes my learning, technology and innovation consultancy.
I blog (irregularly) as a way of trying to capture where I have been and where I am planning on going next. Keeping track of some of the people, places and ideas that I have come across on what has been a wonderful professional journey deep into the heart of learning.
I have been self-employed since 2009 working with great clients to improve learning. Previously I was national director of learning and technology and head of future learning and teaching. My background is in schools and local government educational advisory services.
- Wired 'Frontiers' edition Obama & Joi Ito consider 'extended intelligence' https://t.co/E9uxTm6LMF +Guardian comment https://t.co/ZETzKSxIap
- Looks like a sensible approach to homework. Not just about keeping children busy after school and parents happy https://t.co/OxEegqQ1G0
- We've been named the top modern university in Scotland by the @thesundaytimes https://t.co/fxIZ4py8gu #Aberyay! https://t.co/OxUJNmzZYs
- Creativity across Learning #9 – What kind of inspection, quality assurance and accountability regimes support creativity in learning?
- Creativity across Learning #8 – What kind of assessment and qualifications would best support creativity in learning?
- Creativity across Learning #7 – How can we promote creativity in professional learning?
- Creativity across Learning #6 – How can leaders promote and support creativity?
- Creativity across Learning #5 – How do we develop creative learners?
- Creativity across Learning #4 – What does a creative learning environment look and feel like?
- Creativity across Learning #3 – What is creativity?
- Creativity across Learning #2 – Why is creativity important?
- Creativity across Learning #1 – Introduction
- Our Big Box – Online Reminiscence