- Be a lifelong learner - as soon as you think you know all the answers you can be sure you don't. Read as much as you can and widely as you can (not just 'how to' stuff but also the classics of literature because they are timeless and deeply rooted in the human condition).
- Know what you stand for - what.
- Had a great visit to Singapore
- Had a great SLF - maybe the best so far?
- Made good progress on our Dundee office move (now know where, just need to find out when.
Started writing this on the train home to Dundee after a great couple of days at the Scottish Learning Festival at the SECC in Glasgow. Just getting around to publishing it this afternoon.
Some highlights of SLF for me were:
Michael Fullan’s keynote on the seven secrets of school improvement. I have always liked his work and the way he is able to draw on a wealth of experience from across the world, and in particular from his native Ontario, grounds his work in reality. The key message of his work is that sustainable improvement is not only possible but that there.